Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Obligatory Suggestions Thread

A lot of these are probably not going to happen, or at least not for a while, but hey, I can put anything I want here. So I shall.

Game and menus:

Sort levels by name, most plays, most wins, most fails, least plays, least wins, least fails, most wins in relation to fails, most fails in relation to wins, etc.
Easy way to add on future "official" level packs (Hint)... maybe through a folder like "custom"?
Make numpad 0 and tab pause buttons, since they're closer than p
Camera height options (Might be used to cheat in some areas but...)
Quick access button for options (For making a quick adjustment in game)
Mouse control (Mouse left and right to move left and right, click to jump, scroll wheel or up + down to adjust speed)
Jukebox (Because the music is awesome, also taking this space to restate my friend Nitro: Terminal is by Sanxion7)
Free Snapple with every download
Demos that play if the main screen is left alone (I miss seeing these in games)
Interactive menu (Maybe move the camera, take control of the ship, move the stream of track pieces coming in some other direction, 2D minigame...... yeah, not necessary.)
Save replays of best times (All the COOOOOL games are doin' it!)
"Let me say that for you" option: Instead of the standard explosion sound, play things like... "OH COME ON!" "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" "THE CONTROLS ARE BROKEN!" "I WAS ONLY A COUPLE SECONDS IN!" "SO CLOSE THAT TIME!" And for wins: "Awesome." "I got the skillz!" "Finally..." "YEAH!" "Yes!" "That was kinda fun..." (Only if fails < 100 for that last one)
Educational Penalty Mode: Instead of the standard explosion sound, play random trivia. Think Mameshiba style trivia.
Free garden snake with every Snapple
Toasty! (Like in StepMania, which IIRC got it from Mortal Kombat)

Editor and testing:

Create sphere, cone, etc.
Move start position (Or has this been done?)
Show background (Like in the actual game)
Built-in version (Probably not easy)
Let pieces besides rectangles have effects like acceleration (Or amidoinitrong?)
Quick gravity reversal in testing (Need)
Free taquito with every download

Etc. (Take seriously if drunk)

Flash version with the first levels as a demo (I think I know someone who might be able to help if you're interested. Maybe not, and I always get him into things like this, but I like watching people twitch and go "You said what?!".
Free rattlesnake with every refresh of http://tastystatic.com/
Links to the site through promotional banners and gifs for forum signatures
Official YouTube channel (TOTALLY WORTH IT DOOOOOD)
More forums to promote activity (Suggestions [Hurr], Bugs, Media, News, Off Topic, Other Games)

Okay me shuts upses now.

===ABOUT THIS POST===
- NOMINEE: Best Post
- NOMINEE: Funniest Post
- HONORABLE MENTION: Most Grammatically Correct Post

2 (edited by Syni 2009-09-02 18:00:01)

Re: Obligatory Suggestions Thread

CSD covered everything I could think of. And I strongly second the quick gravity reversal in testing, as well as quick direction change. (There's a longer lag and continued velocity in testing, albeit kinda cool, isn't in effect in the actual game and rendered a lot of my level works-in-progress out-of-function [unless I you know, fixed it. <<; ])

More miscellaneous stuff that would require working.

Upload levels in packs (We can be annoying and hype levels and not release them and yeah.)
Comment on levels (lol pop quiz is sooooo EZ!!!!!!!! dood u need to work on it a lotttttt)
Typical mini "user page" type thing with all of a user's levels, comments, favorites, etc. Maybe with a blog type thing added, or a microblog type thing (Tastygrounds?)
Game achievements (Level times, "worlds" beaten, beat a level without decelerating, that kind of stuff. Maybe customs could somehow have achievements added.)
Add a custom music loop to a level (Copyrighted stuff would obviously be removed... meaning no Rickroll...)
Music selection
Walls for lasers to destroy
"Ghost" option that replays your best timed run with a transparent ship to help you try to beat it
Show number of failed attempts in-level
Unlockable ship designs if they wouldn't affect gameplay too much
Free snake food with every level you upload

===ABOUT THIS POST===
- NOMINEE: Best Post
- NOMINEE: Funniest Post
- HONORABLE MENTION: Most Grammatically Correct Post

Thanks for the suggestions!
Unfortunately, I'm not planning to do any work on the game or website in the foreseeable future. Just finishing it took a lot out of me and school starts again at the end of this month. Plus, I want to start working on my next project  wink
Maybe some day, we'll see

Awww, well, that's completely understandable. Good luck with the next project; I've taken interest. ;o