1 (edited by micronaut 2009-08-05 08:07:33)

Topic: Linux Mint fantasticness

Works under Linux Mint on Dell XPS M1530 (geforce 8600).  Work distracting retro gaming at its finest. smile

Re: Linux Mint fantasticness

Glad to hear it, we didn't get a chance to test it on anything other than the machine it was compiled on.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

3 (edited by bernard 2009-08-05 23:24:17)

Graphically, works great here (OpenSUSE 11.1 32 bit).

Two problems: [strike]sound cuts out (music sounds great for the three or for seconds you get it, though  smile )[/strike] (nevermind, got it) and

*** glibc detected *** ./tastystatic: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x080bd218 ***
======= Backtrace: =========

that on exit.

EDIT: It segfaults if I try and go fullscreen.

Also, libaudiere is fairly obscure, it might be an idea to ship it and its obscure deps and run the game with a wrapper script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Just a suggestion.

---

Nice work! I'm very impressed. I'm just as terrible at it as I was skyroads.  big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

bernard wrote:

Two problems: [strike]sound cuts out (music sounds great for the three or for seconds you get it, though  smile )[/strike] (nevermind, got it)

What was the problem?

bernard wrote:
*** glibc detected *** ./tastystatic: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x080bd218 ***
======= Backtrace: =========

that on exit.

This shouldn't impact gameplay much, but thanks, I'll check it out. A class destructor is probably freeing something it shouldn't worry about

bernard wrote:

EDIT: It segfaults if I try and go fullscreen.

There was a segfault issue on the test box whenever there was any sort of resolution change, and we half-fixed it. For now video settings are still buggy as hell, sorry

bernard wrote:

Also, libaudiere is fairly obscure, it might be an idea to ship it and its obscure deps and run the game with a wrapper script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Just a suggestion.

Thanks. I know next to nothing about Linux and was kind of playing it by ear here. If you have any Linux packaging or design ideas, please email me! Be sure to explain them like you're talking to an idiot (not being sarcastic here), I don't know what I'm doing.