1 (edited by lobban 2009-08-05 03:18:33)

Topic: Terrible lag in windows 7??

Hi, I tried to play this game on my windows 7 RC system.

I'm experiencing heavy lag. It's like I haven't got enough juice to play the game altough I should be able to.

I have an ATi HD 4870 graphics card and I'm wondering if there's a fix for this problem or if you can pinpoint what it is. Also I'm using the 64-bit version of Win 7 and a quad core processor.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Re: Terrible lag in windows 7??

Unfortunately it could be any number of things. I was learning OpenGL as I was programming the game, so basically everything in Tasty Static is done the wrong way. Most likely it's some weird OpenGL extention not supported on modern cards, but there is no easy way to tell.

Somebody on Reddit suggested this fix:

I was having laggy graphics like those mentioning earlier. For me, the fix was OpenGL based.

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers\ati2dvag

Change the value of 'Dll' (which is 'atioglx2.dll') to 'atioglxx.dll'.

Of course, without the '

FYI: Windows XP SP3 ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3650 MobilityModder ATI Graphic Drivers

Let me know if it works or is even relevant. Otherwise, I'm still looking into it