Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Spambots, ugh

These spambots are getting annoying. Is there any way you can put a filter, like one of those crazy word thingies that'll filter them out? I know this place only has like 2-3 active members, but still, spambots are spambots.

http://i26.tinypic.com/67rxbn.jpghttp://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1237/68940443.png
leader of the An Untitled Tale project, a fangame of An Untitled Story.

Re: Spambots, ugh

Agreed.  We need better captchas.  Or even do away with captchas- I've seen some sites (like Mozilla) that use questions that only humans could solve, like "What is 2 + 2?" or "If you want to report a bug, where should it be reported?"

First they create an army of spam users, then they post in the first topic they find (which includes my Ubuntu package thread sad ), then they create their own topics!  Geesh...

Tasty Static Ubuntu package maintainer

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

franklin15 wrote:

But now we’ve got a nice,cheap Vibram juicy study to hang our hats (or our shoes) on, and media outlets are falling over themselves to get the scoop.
Write by: Vibram FiveFingers

See what I mean!? roll

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

igotsthestatic wrote:
franklin15 wrote:

But now we’ve got a nice,cheap Vibram juicy study to hang our hats (or our shoes) on, and media outlets are falling over themselves to get the scoop.
Write by: Vibram FiveFingers

See what I mean!? roll

Yep, I see what you mean.

Ohnoleo, please do something about this!! http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/c/cry.gif

http://i26.tinypic.com/67rxbn.jpghttp://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1237/68940443.png

Yeah, I don't know. Sorry guys :0
There is a captcha but it keeps letting a few spam accounts passed, which I manually delete whenever I check up on the forums. I'm not sure if there are any better plugins for PunBB, I'll look into it next week

ohnoleo wrote:

Yeah, I don't know. Sorry guys :0
There is a captcha but it keeps letting a few spam accounts passed, which I manually delete whenever I check up on the forums. I'm not sure if there are any better plugins for PunBB, I'll look into it next week

There better be.  Our captchas are so easy a two-year-old could solve them. sad

igotsthestatic wrote:

There better be.  Our captchas are so easy a two-year-old could solve them. sad

A two year old spam bot, at that wink

We seem to have a rash of new users.  I'm not sure if any of them are spambots, but considering their sigs and they're totally irrelevant posts...

9 (edited by Giik 2010-07-03 16:59:09)

It looks like these new spambots take a random noun from the above post that they assume is the subject, and give a wikipedia definition of it.

It's like one of those Bing commercials.

Also, there's some posters that almost look like normal posters, but they talk with horrid grammar about stuff that's not in TS, or is impossible, such as these:

stelamethew wrote:

This is so amazing game and fun also. I playing this game twice a day. Its first level I cover more than 1 gold and 3 silver, next level is reaming  to play.

First off, there's no golds or silvers in TS. Busted.

smithdsouza wrote:

This is a very nice and good game. I  played this game once but i am not able to clear the level 1 as i am very bad in gaming so i am still trying to get that clear. My problem is same as  your's of jumping. I will try my best to clear it.

Even a dead porcupine can clear "level 1".

swagerr wrote:

I am always writing a level editor in C# for the game. My team is working on and i want to know how the typical quad view control is implemented in commercial editor such as 3DMax and other high profile editing packages.

I'm sorry, what?

That's it.  Post here if you are (an active) human.

Yeah, it looks like the machines are becoming intelligent  neutral
Bomb shelter anyone?

ohnoleo wrote:

Yeah, it looks like the machines are becoming intelligent  neutral
Bomb shelter anyone?

If it's made by Vault-tec I'm not going.

Project Forum Purity?

Tasteout 3: Never coming to game shelves near you.

I guess people are creating the accounts and having bots log into them? I don't know how they're getting around the captcha <_<

http://i26.tinypic.com/24ph3t3.png

PiePersonOfDOOM wrote:

I don't know how they're getting around the captcha <_<

We use really, really bad captchas. sad

PiePersonOfDOOM wrote:

Tasteout 3: Never coming to game shelves near you.

Sounds like something on Food Network.

Is there any way to get a better captcha without going through a whole bunch of crap?

We could try ReCaptcha. That's the one that uses two random words. It's pretty popular, so there might be a plugin for it.

http://i26.tinypic.com/24ph3t3.png