Topic: Tasty Static : Stiff controls

Hi,
First, thanks a lot for making this game.
I love skyroad and I almost love your game.

Almost because of a tiny detail which makes a huge difference in gameplay.

In Skyroads, you can jump and change the direction of the ship in mid-air, you feel you have full control of the game.
In Tasty Static, you can't do that. Jumping is really stiff and it gets really frustrating sometimes, because you feel you can't do anything about it.

Other than that, graphics and level design are great. Well done !

But is it possible to improve that stiffy jump ?

Re: Tasty Static : Stiff controls

I'm afraid you have a false memory there, you can't change direction mid-air in Skyroads either. Regardless, Tasty Static's levels were designed specifically with this control scheme in mind and there are no plans to release a patch changing it.

Thanks for the comments smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Re: Tasty Static : Stiff controls

I understand exactly what zuber means. It is not that Skyroads lets you change direction in mid-air (Leo is right, it doesn't), but that Skyroads has no "memory" between jumps, i.e., carries no momentum. So you are free to change direction on consecutive jumps as much as you want.

For an experienced Skyroads player, the adjustment to the different control scheme is a bit difficult and frustrating. I addressed it in my little review of Tasty Static. Nevertheless, I see exactly how the levels have been adjusted to this control scheme - changing it would change the game and ruin many existing levels - not a desired outcome.

In the end, I feel it's just fine the way it is. It's like every vehicle handles a little differently, but does not mean that one is better than the other. smile