Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Mobile version?

So, with the dawn of smartphones, I was thinking a mobile version of TS would be totally sweet. Most smartphones could most likely handle tstatic, maybe with toned down graphics, although even that may not be necessary. I dunno if it would be easily ported or if it would need to be completely redone. The controls are simple enough that they could fit on either side of the screen. (Left and right on one side, speed up/down and jump on the other, maybe even a touch-controlled slider for speed adjustment on the fly.)

Also, you could totally charge money for it (I'd pay), and web-based custom level integration (maybe even full compatibility with the website) would keep it replayable. (You know, other than the fact that it's REALLY FREAKING HARD.)

This post is mainly directed towards leo, but if anyone still goes here it'd be cool to hear your thoughts.

LET'S REVIVE TASTY STATIC.

http://i26.tinypic.com/24ph3t3.png

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

Re: Mobile version?

PiePersonOfDOOM wrote:

Most smartphones could most likely handle tstatic

They certainly could, the biggest obstacle is just that the source of the game is of horrible quality and pretty fragile. It'd take someone willing to deal with the disgusting ball of code my 18-year-old self coughed out. 22-year-old self doesn't have that much patience

Also, you could totally charge money for it (I'd pay)

For a number of reasons, including some of the soundtrack agreements I made, it would have to stay freeware. But thanks for the encouragement smile

web-based custom level integration (maybe even full compatibility with the website) would keep it replayable.

Sure, would be totally doable

A few people have approached me about things like this and I've told them I'd keep them in touch once the code was cleaned up and ready to be released in some capacity, but then I declared EE in college and lost all of my spare time and energy. I really should get back to those guys. I'm not planning on doing it myself because I'm having enough trouble scraping up enough will power to continue work on my next game.

LET'S REVIVE TASTY STATIC.

smile

TL;DR I should be less of a source code dick