Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Tasty-Rolling-Static?

Hmm, I've been toying with this idea in my mind for a few years, but never really could put my finger on just HOW I wanted to implement it... After playing Tasty Static (feverishly, admiringly, and unstoppable for nights... still need that damn last one!), it finally dawned on me how it should be done.
I was wondering if you're still making games, or even like the idea at all of the same game with a twist...

Basicly, it's the same as Tasty Static, instead of jumping on flat surfaces, roll around, catch momentum, and swing yourself halfpipe like to other ramps. Ofcourse you could roll/drive/float depending on whatever you want to move around with (ball/marble/car/ship/blob)).

(quick mspaint of the general idea; red dotline marks an example route)
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4359/rollingstatic.jpg

I could give a shot at making the entire thing myself from scratch, but putting it in the Tasty-Atmosphere would add a nice(!) packaging and most of the work has already been done.
I have fair knowledge of math, simulation, physics, collision, intersection and perhaps other usefull things. I'd be more than willing to participate in creation of it. First though I'd like to see if people and the creator actually like the idea.

Re: Tasty-Rolling-Static?

Looks sweet to me. Good luck making a user-friendly level editor for that one, though. o-o

http://i26.tinypic.com/24ph3t3.png