Topic: can't jump left?

At first, I thought this was an interesting looking game. Then I got to level two. I had no problem at all when I tried to jump to a new section of track on the right, but every time I tried to jump left, I ended up falling off and had to start over. What gives?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Re: can't jump left?

For some reason, most keyboards can't register up left and space all at once. Don't know exactly why, but that's how it seems to be.

===ABOUT THIS POST===
- NOMINEE: Best Post
- NOMINEE: Funniest Post
- HONORABLE MENTION: Most Grammatically Correct Post

A lot of keyboards are designed under the assumption that you won't be holding down more than two keys at once, because it greatly simplifies the electronics underlying the keyboard  hmm

If you're having trouble you can

• stop holding down the up key (you don't have to)

• redefine the controls in the Settings menu to something that doesn't conflict on your keyboard

Sorry about that D: !!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

ohnoleo wrote:
  • redefine the controls in the Settings menu to something that doesn't conflict on your keyboard

No you can't... ? Where?

===ABOUT THIS POST===
- NOMINEE: Best Post
- NOMINEE: Funniest Post
- HONORABLE MENTION: Most Grammatically Correct Post

Newer version uploaded a week or two after initial release
I didn't update the version number, I should have. That was stupid stupid stupid sad

6 (edited by MoonLite 2009-10-20 20:02:39)

Ahhh it's an ancient problem from the bowels of gaming history... keyboard lockout, especially painfull in 1980's 2player keyboard mashing games...

I had the same problem (can't use keyup+keyleft+space) with Tasty Static.
However, I found using the keypad arrows (turn NumLock off) instead of the normal arrows on your keyboard solves the problem.

I don't remember technicals quote well, but it was like "left" key uses three keycodes to use, while other directions uses only one (like most keys).

This is not a problem but the security setting of th keyboard with the PC. Actually if you hold more then one key for a long time then this kind of problem can be happens and your PC will close all the program So basically you have to change this setting from the control panel.

I had the same problem, but then I set my controls to WASD and space instead of the arrow keys, and it works fine for me.

http://i26.tinypic.com/67rxbn.jpghttp://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1237/68940443.png
leader of the An Untitled Tale project, a fangame of An Untitled Story.