Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

1 (edited by csd 2009-08-28 02:20:39)

Topic: Level editor only for Windows?

Hi! I found this game through a friend's YouTube video. Addictive, but I'm stuck on Freefall 2... >_< Just got 220 fails in a row.

Anyway, I'm a Mac user, and I love making levels for games. If something has a level editor, I instantly tackle it and try to include as many interesting twists as I can. So, are you planning on bringing the editor to the Mac version, or is there something standing in your way? Is it possible? I feel like I'm a baby born without legs with someone standing right over me holding something shiny. MUST... REACH... SHINY...

EDIT: If I can't edit levels, can I still play them?

===ABOUT THIS POST===
- NOMINEE: Best Post
- NOMINEE: Funniest Post
- HONORABLE MENTION: Most Grammatically Correct Post

Re: Level editor only for Windows?

Unfortunately I'm not planning on it. The editor interface was programmed using pure Win32 API  and as a result is majorly majorly non-portable. There might be a source release in a few months, in which case anybody interested can try to port it, but I don't have the experience or energy to  sad .
But yeah, you can still play levels other people have created. Just drop them in the 'custom' folder in your Tasty Static directory
I'm very sorry, it sounds like you could give us some good roads to play big_smile . Goes to show where poor software design gets you, yes?

3 (edited by csd 2009-08-29 02:33:28)

*World collapses*

*Rift opens*

*Tentacles reach out and pull everyone into the deepest pits of hell*

Eh... you know, I should try using Parallels again. Even though last time it made my computer all but completely stop.

EDIT: Tried Parallels, made computer writhe in pain. Anyone know how Crossover works?

EDIT 2: Okay, I looked at the editor in a free trial of Crossover. It seems interesting, but I'm not sure how to control everything... is there a list of controls somewhere? Can you move the camera vertically or delete pieces? What about lining up pieces side by side when they don't seem to want to no matter how much you move them around?

===ABOUT THIS POST===

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

csd wrote:

is there a list of controls somewhere? Can you move the camera vertically or delete pieces? What about lining up pieces side by side when they don't seem to want to no matter how much you move them around?

There is, the 'Help!!!' item under the Help menu lays everything out pretty clearly (it links to this page)
You need a mouse with a scroll wheel (or any kind of scroll wheel functionality, like on a touch pad) to move the camera vertically
As for lining pieces up, if you hold ALT and press one of the WASD keys it will snap the selected objects to the grid, if that's what you're asking about

5 (edited by csd 2009-08-30 12:37:42)

Thanks for that link! I couldn't get there before. It helped a lot. big_smile

I submitted a level. Think it's okay for a first? Do you get what it's supposed to be? (Probably not... I don't really understand it either. It's supposed to tell this paragraph long "story" that no one ever wrote. Something about things fading and becoming broken. If that's what it's about, I should've named it "Forums I've Joined"... tongue)

EDIT: Make that two levels. Like the concept of Pop Quiz? I was going to make it look more like a classroom, but the editor was starting to get a little slow and broken from the number of items. XD

===ABOUT THIS POST===

Pop Quiz is excellent, both in concept and execution  smile
Your other one is pretty good too, though I usually try to shy away from multiple paths in a level. If they're all good, why not make them each their own road?

You don't have to use Crossover. Level editor works fine under wine (or darwine, if you use mac).

hi

im German and i can not so good speak english.

a question: how can i make user levels?
thanks