Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Topic: Tasty Static 64bit

Alright, so, there was no official 64 bit binary and the game was really uncooperative for me. But well, surely I can make it run if I linux32 it, right?

Well, first try:
./tastystatic: error while loading shared libraries: libaudiere-1.9.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and I copied it over and then ended up with some wrong ELFCLASS64 error. Of course, because the 32 bit library is needed, not the 64 bit one.

So, I needed libraries. Unfortunately I can't find these libraries 32 bit versions in apt, so I download them off the debian site, extract, put them in the directory and make a little script to set the library path and start the game. Tada. It works. In case anyone else is trying to make this game run on their 64 bit linux (I was running ubuntu, but it should work with others too), then this may help.

Download:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/71891/tasty64.tar.bz2

Once you've got this just extract and run:
./tasty64.sh

Re: Tasty Static 64bit

Cool stuff
Once tids puts together an Ubuntu .deb I'll put a link up on the main page for these alternate Linux distributions

Having a source release would be much nicer really, do you have any plans for one?

My friend is cleaning up the source code into a semi-readable state, as it is now it's sort of a fixer'upper  hmm
If that works out then quite possibly, in a few months

With open source code I could build rpm packages on openSuSE Build Service.
Advantages: one-click installable rpm package, 64bit version, shared library dependencies.

Iiiit's coooomiiing. The source revision still has a few bugs in it

Aaaand? How about now?

Still coming :0

9 (edited by qubodup 2009-12-29 11:27:37)

Ohi there.

I was told that tastystatic "It's awesome, really :)" and "It will change your life"

So I tried the attached file but got
./tastystatic: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So I'm another source code hoper :)

10 (edited by yossarianuk 2010-01-04 13:05:52)

Ubuntu AMD64 users, while your waiting for the source to be released you can use getlibs to get the libraries needed

You can get getlibs here

http://frozenfox.freehostia.com/cappy/

Once you have installed it use

getlibs ./tastystatic

To get the libraries.

Getlibs works on many 32bit library issues.

Aaaand? How about now?

On my openSuSE 11.2 x86_64 game is working fine (with 32bit libs), but crashes on exiting.

./tastystatic
As long as playing game, console is clean. On exit:
*** glibc detected *** ./tastystatic: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x080c9fb0 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
... Lots of debugging crap ...

hi... why dont you just release the sourcecode as is ?

what would you loose ?

if you dont really like to work on it anymore, let others do it.
if it doesnt build right now, i can fix it.

it really looks awesome.

please...

I know I'm annoying, but: How about now?

Working on a license, it's still coming eventually

You're not annoying. I am sad

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

ohnoleo wrote:

Working on a license

You're writing your own? I think that the best way is to use GPL or BSD (or find something here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html) and put it on sourceforge or github. You're maintainer of project and other can contribute.

Thanks, I'm working on it.