Topic: Controls compared to Skyroads

First of all, I love this game. The graphics are really incredible and the level of polish on everything is very impressive.

After playing for a bit, I was prompted to download the original Skyroads to compare the feel between the two games. After switching back and forth between the two, I think I prefer the responsiveness of Skyroads. The biggest difference is that on levels with a 'normal' gravity setting, your ship bounces more in Tasty Static than Skyroads-- two bounces after a jump compared to one.

I think it would be interesting if there were settings to tweak the responsiveness of the controls, "bounciness", etc.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the feel of the controls, compared to classic Skyroads, etc?

Re: Controls compared to Skyroads

Thanks for the suggestion, though I try to shy away from options that change the gameplay in any significant way. I had to resist putting in a fly-around-like-a-spaceship extra pretty hard during the development process.

But yeah, people have described the game as significantly "bouncier" than Skyroads, and I am inclined to agree with them there.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 791

I also noticed you can use WASD in the editor but not in the main game.
SADNESS

http://i26.tinypic.com/24ph3t3.png

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

ohnoleo wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, though I try to shy away from options that change the gameplay in any significant way. I had to resist putting in a fly-around-like-a-spaceship extra pretty hard during the development process.

But yeah, people have described the game as significantly "bouncier" than Skyroads, and I am inclined to agree with them there.

My first thought was that your ship was made of rubber. In TS, there are places that I wouldn't dream of my ship bouncing off in SkyRoads, that I'm bouncing off now.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2dbv709.png

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tinsanit/public_html/bbs/include/parser.php on line 737

PiePersonOfDOOM wrote:

I also noticed you can use WASD in the editor but not in the main game.
SADNESS

You can redefine keys in the settings menu. If there isn't an option for it try downloading the latest version, it's been updated since release day

Oh. Probably because when clockwork linked to it on ROBLOX HQ it was just released, and I didn't bother checking for updates.
WASD just helped me beat Freefall 3. big_smile

http://i26.tinypic.com/24ph3t3.png

7 (edited by Beefsurgeon 2009-08-07 21:53:02)

I'm finally starting to adjust to the controls a little more. Discovering that reducing speed also reduces lateral jump distance has made things much easier for me.